Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Magick: Cadeuces chakra candle for healing and heavy stuff


 I had an awesome idea for spellwork right around this past Solstice.
I'd been reading a book on energy healing during surgery- a healer's experience with patients whle they were being operated on and the emotions that brought up.

An image of a cadeuces with chakra colors came to me.  A banishment, clearing and full body energy healing all in one.







I should have known it would be a bit heavy from the emotions even reading that book.  Don't know what it was from- all the childhood crap patients still carried with them- I know people can carry hurt with them all their lives.  This was to bring some of that up and clear it away.  I'll tell you how I started because there is still a ways to go.

This work may be better in a more positive light.  I will try a variation of this with a white or blue candle, focusing on general healing so each area of my experience will be the best it can.

See what feels best for you.  Spend some time beforehand deciding on a focus.  You can choose to do some writing as the candle burns, which I'll bring up later.


*black candle
*glitter markers!!!  I used glitter glue pens
*any oils or herbs good for clearing or healing work
*a small mirror or flat dish
You can get these at the dollar store.  Mine were with the candles.
*stones to compliment your work
*paper for affirmations and statements


My setup-


I didn't have a pull out candle so I drew with glitter glue right on the glass.  A cadeuces with a little room in between the snakes to put the chakra colors- 6 loops plus the space above the heads.

I then added a dot of color for each chakra- red orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.  Then a glittery white above their heads.  You can add your initials also.













I set peitersite, amethyst, obsidian and hematite on the mirror with the candle.
In some places I've read peitersite is called the "storm stone" because its colors shift when you move it.  It supports personal transformation and with all the crap I would bring up, decided it would probably be the best stone to have.

The hematite and obsidian to not get carried away, the amethyst to remain objective and decerning.

I can tell you those first few days were pretty crazy emotionally.  I *was* waking up around 8am and getting things done.  Which does not happen much with me.  But it was a few days of anxiety, depression and being pissed off.

After this was set, I put stones for each chakra in a little bowl.  You can add these to work with each specific chakra as the candle burns down.  Or as you're bringing things up to release, as support in each area.  Bad relationships?  You can use rose quartz or other stones in support of understanding and love.  Forgiveness is a difficult area for me.  Why forgive an asshole?  My focus in this work is more personal.  But I am a "selfish" Aries!

I ended up not using the stones but you might like to.

So- light the candle!
Get out a little book or paper you can write on.  Write down statements of releasing, banishment, acknowledgement.

That night, my first statement was about something that was pissing me off for a while-

 "I release all instances where someone has crossed my boundaries, known and unknown....."

 It did help my feelings about them.  Spiritual people like to learn a little something about themselves, too, and it did teach me something.  These moments let me know how I do and do not like to be treated.

"No, asshat, I'm a massage therapist not a hooker.  I don't care how many times you tell about your Asian massage experience complete with table shower in a third world country." 

I would think of more statements to write and then burn, usually on my walks around the neighborhood.  I like chanting things under my breath, hehe, which is probably why I like going at night.  There is a guy that mutters loudly about nonsense but I'm pretty much out alone.  I just walk faster when I hear him.

As the candle burns, see if any wax remains on certain chakras.  The whole front of my candle, from the solar plexus down to the sacral and root, is covered in black wax.  No soot, just all wax.   More work forthcoming.
 

 So that's it.  There are some specific areas I am venturing into, like relationships and success.  It used to be all about getting a job, paying bills, just getting a little more money.  I realize my worth, what I like doing and what I want.

Anyway, that was the candlework.  I hope you can use it for yourself and will come up with great ways to tailor it to yourself.  Share them here!



 PS- These were the cards from the Morgan Greer I pulled for the candle.  Ha!  Should have known I'd need some time off.
The Hermit is the focus of the work- how experiences have effected me, and still do.
The Knight of Swords is totally my emotions during those first few days.  Wanting to cut away at everything, everyone who hurt me.  I was also easily irritated.  No, not PMS.  My moods can come on from outside factors and fears.  This was also to learn how to deal with them.
I decided to give myself a little rest (4 of Swords).  I took down tarot readings from the shop (they're back up now!) and just focused on clearing my mind.  No need to bring any of this up again.  I'm going to keep doing that for a while.




No comments:

Also of interest...

>>>