Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Featured Artist: Monamiga

I had to get Monamiga on here after seeing her shop of
wonderful, natural bath items.  Her shop won't be open for long,
unfortunately, so shop while it's hot!

"I am a stay-at-home mom with a bit of a craft addiction. I live in the woods in Very Northern California and am a nature girl."
Explain your craft and where you get ideas
"I do so MANY kinds of crafts. My favorites are herbal products, and crochet, although I often do jewelry/beading, sewing, cordials/elixers, and other random funky stuff like glass magnets, hair clips, zipper pulls, hair falls and recycled envelopes...."

Do you offer customers anything besides a product?
"I do some childbirth education type classes on the side, and I don't usually charge very much if anything. Much of what I make on etsy goes to supplement that work. Also, I have been considering offering tarot readings on etsy, as I've been doing that informally for 13 years, and feel like I am ready to offer it to the public. I have been crafting since I was a child... 30 years now!"

How have you grown as a seller?
"I have learned that pictures are super important and also relisting often. For me, a big step was cleaning up my marketing and getting an official logo to add to my labels and matching it with the professional banner." 

Your plans for this year?
"In the coming year, I plan on going through all of my crafting "supplies" and finishing up the projects I've collected stuff for already. i've got some cute organic cotton totes waiting for silkscreens, a huge quantity of cool feathers to make into fascinators and also some beads. After that is all made and sold, I have decided to reanalyze my relationship to crafting, as it has become a bit of an unhealthy obsession." 















No comments:

Also of interest...

>>>