Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Featured Artist: Klosti



About Connie
"I come from a large Greek family with many talented tailors and seamstresses. I sew to make clothing, gifts and items for my home and for my friends and always find great enjoyment and relaxation when I'm in my studio."

Explain your craft and where you get ideas
"I always stick to simple and classic designs/styles with a modern twist, they seem to best represent my aesthetic. Currently, I'm enjoying the challenge of using what I have to create new/upcycled items."

Do you offer customers anything beyond a product?
"I have been sewing for almost 40 (ack!!) years making everything from quilts to wedding dresses. I take great pride in the quality of my materials and sewing. Currently, through convo, I also offer my Etsy customers the ability to contact me with special requests for color and/or theme for dish towel dresses."
How have you grown as a seller?

"I got into selling a little over a year ago. One of my friends signed me up for a local craft fair and dared me to join Etsy. Even though it was hard at first, I have really been enjoying it! The best advise I can give it to read all that you can and to ask questions. I have learned so much from other crafters!"

Your plans for this year?
"For this year I plan on participating in more local craft fairs and expanding the items I sell on Etsy. I have so many dish towel scraps and will soon have some great new items coming to my shop!"




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the feature - I appreciate it!

Also of interest...

>>>